Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Brush With Death

Well well well, bet you thought I forgot about this blog, huh?...well, I did forget about it. I was catching up with my big Sis's blogs and realized I had not done one in awhile. Ally happened to mentioned it, so I am acting on it, and boy do I have a story for you...are you ready?
I almost died this last weekend...I'll give you a second to soak that one in. Now when I say almost died, I really mean I caught the flu that is floating around and was quarantined in the game room (a.k.a. the attic) here at the Little Inn. And I wasn't really close to dying...but I felt the need to grab your attention from the get go.

Now I know what your thinking, it was probably the swine flu. I can assure you it was not. I did have a craving for pork products, but besides that, it was just your basic symptoms. Upset tummy, tickle in my throat, uncontrollable sneezing and sniffing, slight paralysis in my lower extremities due to no movement whatsoever. So I kept myself in a benadryl haze for a few days and bounced back by the end of the weekend.

This couldn't have been better timing, since the Austin City Limits festival was going on last weekend. I had planned on making an attempt to go, but instead I laid in the exact same position for hours at a time. I did enjoy the daytime TV. Nothing beats starting the day with the price is right, moving on to back to back to back to back court TV programs, and then getting into the real TV shows in the evening. This went on from Thursday til' Sunday. So, what I'm trying to say is, I got ALOT accomplished.

I did watch the K-State come out victorious in the inaugural Farmageddon. I felt bad since I thought I was watching a high school game the entire first half...A little too much of the 'dryl. But I snapped out of it to see us lose the lead, tie it up, take the lead, almost lose the lead and miraculously block a PAT. I am a Hills, so whenever we watch our beloved Wildcats there is a lot of emotion in the room...emotion being cheering, booing, screaming, swearing, hitting, biting, crying, hugging and then a few beers to calm the nerves and get ready to watch the game. So for the first time in my life, I sat in stunned silence when we blocked the kick...I think it was because normally if a K-State game is going to end that way, we always lose. But not this time, Farmageddon '09 was our destiny. So, my optimist side is back and thinking we'll upset one team, and beat a couple of crappy Big 12 teams and possibly go bowling...a guy can dream, right?

In closing, don't forget to get your swine flu shots. If you can avoid shaking hands, or being sneezed or coughed on by some form of a swine, you should come out of this mess with a clean bill of health...but no promises...it's a sick world out there.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better... Just glad to know you're still alive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah what she said... O and are we still friends? just curious, havent been this ignored in ages. haha just kiddin. take er easy bud.

    trey

    ReplyDelete
  3. About time you blogged!! Don't toy with us by blogging once or twice, then nothing!! Glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete